Ex-Proof literally means explosion-proof and is used in risky areas. It is essential to use Ex-Proof Electrical Materials in areas where there will be great damage in case of explosion. Especially in Zone 1 and Zone 2, common lighting systems or electrical materials are not used. You can continue reading our article for details! Ex-Proof Electrical Materials are mandatory to be used in Zone 1 and Zone 2 type Hazardous Areas
What Are The Ex-Proof Electrical Materials?
Until you master the concept of ex-proof and this technology, you may think of these products as common electrical materials but this is not the case. These products are produced for very special areas and explosions may occur if they are not used.
Below you will find the answer to the question "What are Ex-Proof Electrical Materials?"; Electrical Equipments Are;
- The purpose of these materials is to provide maximum safety in every explosion risk area
- Common electrical materials produce arcs and sparks in every operation and may cause an explosion.
- Arc and sparks can cause explosion in areas where gas, mine, natural gas and chemicals are present
- Ex-Proof Electrical materials eliminate these risks.
As you can see from the reasons above, these materials should be used in every zone with a high explosion risk which is considered Zone 1 and Zone 2.
What are Ex-Proof Electrical Materials?
Now you know exactly what these materials do; prevent the explosion! So, what products are in this category? How much of the electrical system can you make Ex-Proof? When you think of Ex-Proof, you may think of only lighting but there are too many electrical materials produced in this field.
Below ; you will see what Ex-Proof Electrical materials are;
- Fluorescent Lighting Products
- Led Lighting Products
- Led High Ceiling Luminaires / Floodlights
- Socket and Plug
- Control Box
- Crane Control Box
- Conduit Fittings
- Grounding device and pliers
- Limit Switch
Purchasing all these products as Ex-Proof minimizes the risk of explosion in risky areas.
Usage Areas of Ex-Proof Electrical Materials
You may be wondering if you need Ex-Proof materials. The places where these materials will be used are determined by strict borders and it is mandatory to use them in those areas. Otherwise, both pecuniary and non-pecuniary damages may occur.
These fields are as you see below;
- Oil refineries
- Closed areas with Crude Oil, Gas, Natural gas, LPG
- Coal mines and mines
- Aircraft repair and maintenance zones
- Businesses with chemicals
Ex-Proof Electrical materials should be used in all of these areas. To put it briefly, all places at risk of explosion due to any substance are within the scope of Zone 1 and Zone 2.